The Journey Home Quarterly Newsletter January 2020
I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6
The long anticipated day of TJH building completion arrived! The community support was overwhelming at our Open House on January 5! Those who were counting said there were between 300-400 people who came that day for the Ribbon Cutting, Dedication and Open House. Wow!
We truly thank God for the many ways He provided for this home. One of His provisions was moving in the hearts of so many of you to be involved. Words cannot adequately express our gratitude for the gifts of time, effort and resources you have given to build the home and furnish it. God has completed the home through the generosity of co-laborers like you. What a joy it is to join together in God’s work!
There will be a volunteer get together on Thursday, January 30, at 7pm at The Journey Home. This will be a time of updating, planning with your team members, and fellowshipping. Anyone who would like to may bring a snack or dessert to share. Thank you.
The last months have been filled with final decisions for the building: planting donated trees; getting furniture, linens, mattresses, (also mostly donated) etc. ready; setting up the office; and concluding the many documents needed to run TJH efficiently. We have also continued to speak at local churches, attend community meetings such as the Louisa Interagency Council, Chamber of Commerce (including the Charities Fair on December 3), Faith Coalition and the Community Thanksgiving service – at which TJH was the recipient of the offering.
Please pray for:
- Our future guests to be open to all God wants to do in their lives
- The Selection Committee as they discern the best matches for TJH
- God’s provision and discernment of House Managers to live at TJH (a few applications have been received)
- Office manager, Virginia, as she assumes her new role (she is doing great)
- Operations Manager, Ben, as he assumes a paid position after years of volunteering. He has been a blessing in so many ways to TJH!
- Executive Director, Debby, who continues to volunteer in this role
- The Board of Directors – for wisdom and knowledge and joy as they make many decisions
- Generous donors to cover financial needs of running TJH
- The many volunteers to continue to serve as a partnership team
- Installation of the Solar Panels and favor with set backs, etc., required
- God’s continued drawing of the community to be supportive and involved
- More churches to support TJH financially and prayerfully. We are so thankful for those already joining together as the Body of Christ to be Jesus’ hands and feet to our neighbors in need of hope and healing.
- Now the real ministry together begins as we join in God’s work of transforming lives – ours, as well as those of our guests. We anticipate moving guests in to the home in the next few weeks. We prayerfully and joyfully trust God “to carry this work on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”.
Thank you for joining us on this wild and wonderful journey.
for TJH Board of Directors