…may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The Lord is great!” Psalm 40:16
Today was a special day that we invite you to rejoice with us in. It was move-in day for a new family at The Journey Home. It is so exciting to begin this journey with them as they rebuild their lives. Your prayers and your gifts have made this next step possible. There was great joy on their faces as they stepped into their unit and the realization sunk in that they have their own place – after sharing a bedroom in a relative’s home for too long.
They now have shelter, food and lots of support. The parenting, life coaching, Bible studies, and budgeting classes are some of the opportunities that they will participate in. Karen, our long-time volunteer budgeting teacher, is now part-time staff. She has been a huge asset and blessing to both the guests and the staff. God brought her to TJH as He did with Ben and Virginia. We rejoice in His perfect provision.
Our new family coming to TJH is also in perfect timing for the playground to be completed – the mulch (to make the ground safe) was just blown in yesterday. Now there is a new child to enjoy playing there. For the other children, the long wait is over to delight in this play area.
You may recall that this project was a focus of our banquet last year. Generous donors and grants (and hard work and planning by Ben) have made this a reality. Thank you so much.
Please join us for our annual banquet this year on Saturday, August 27th. Find details here and tickets are being sold now. Consider getting a table of 6 for your church, family and/or friends. There will be an update on the wonderful things God is doing, testimonies of guests, a Silent Auction, food, fellowship and more.
We are so grateful for the privilege God has given us to impact lives for Him. Thank you for joining us in making a difference in lives that matters now and for eternity. We pray for and appreciate you.
- For the blessings of new families/individuals at TJH.
- For the privilege of seeing God work in the lives of the guests and their children.
- For the very successful Yard Sale held June 4th by Louisa Baptist Church in support of TJH. $3,000 was raised! Special thanks to Allan and his family.
- For the volunteers who helped with the planting of the garden. It is doing well.
- For the generosity of individuals and churches in their giving, their prayers and their involvement.
- For TJH staff and for their commitment to the ministry.
- For TJH Board and for their spiritual leadership.
- For the continued partnership in ministry with our community.
- For many people to attend the banquet and hear about the great things God is doing. Please pray also for the many details that go into making this event a success.
- For God to help us discern His choice for the House Manager(s) position.
- For a smooth transition for the new families at TJH as they adjust and are nurtured by TJH staff and volunteers.
- For us to be an example of Jesus as we love and encourage our families and point them to Him.
- For discernment in the selection of guests who are in the application & interview process.
- For more churches and individuals to grasp the vision to be involved in TJH prayerfully and financially.
- For God’s favor for grants pending a decision.
- For godly relationships among staff and guests.
Gratefully joining with you in God’s work,
For TJH Board