Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
After a recent morning devotion with the guests of The Journey Home, I asked them to tell me some things that were going well for them at the home as well as things that we could improve upon. I wish each one of you could hear their responses as your heart would be overflowing with gratitude for what God is doing in the lives of the guests at TJH. Their comments confirmed what we believed…that God is truly transforming lives here. The word most often heard in their description of their time with us has been “peace”. Most of the people who come to us have been living in chaos, with much turmoil in their lives, so peace (shalom) is something they treasure.
The peace they are experiencing is God’s peace. I love the description they use of sensing it as soon as they walk in the door. (A testimony to your faithful prayers and all the Bible verses you have written on the frame of the building during construction!) That peace allows them a place to work through issues, to grow in their faith, to learn from classes (Bible studies, parenting and budgeting), to build healthy relationships, and to move forward in rebuilding their lives.
Thank you for your investment in the lives of others. Your prayers and your financial support are greatly appreciated and needed.
It would be so encouraging for you to hear a few of the guests personally share their experience at TJH. You can! They will be speaking briefly at the banquet on August 28th. Please join us for The Journey Home Celebration of the Journey…Past, Present and Future. It will be a night you do not want to miss. Details are in the flyer below. Please request your tickets soon as they are going quickly.
- For the amazing things God is doing in the lives of TJH guests.
- For generous grants and donations that TJH has received this month.
- For the garden that is producing well.
- For the faithful individuals and churches who support TJH.
- For the faithful volunteers who give their time to help others.
- For TJH staff and for their commitment to the ministry.
- For TJH Board and for their spiritual leadership.
- For the continued partnership in ministry with our community.
- For our “Celebration of the Journey” banquet on Saturday, August 28th. Please save the date, invite friends and join us as we celebrate.
- For the fundraising committee that is planning for the August 28th event.
- For us to be an example of Jesus as we love and encourage our families and point them to Him.
- For discernment in the selection of guests and wisdom for supporting them.
- For more churches and individuals to grasp the vision to be involved in TJH prayerfully and financially.
- For God’s favor for grants pending a decision.
- For committed volunteers to return as COVID restrictions lift.
- For godly relationships among staff and guests.
For TJH Board and Staff