This has truly been a wintery month! That makes it a perfect time to be planning our community garden for TJH family to enjoy. A garden is a reminder that Spring and Summer are coming. YAY! Hoye Hott, master gardener, has designed a spacious garden complete with raised beds and a fence. He is even supplying us with soil and seeds that he is starting himself. Ben is ordering construction supplies and Debby is working on getting volunteers who are interested and committed to helping TJH have a vegetable garden (with some flowers, too) and a special children’s garden. What a great opportunity for guests, staff and volunteers to work together on such a worthwhile endeavor. Please email us at TJH email address below if you would like your name added to the volunteer list (or are interested in supplying funds for the project). There are already Scouts planning to help. We are looking at Saturdays March 20 or 27 as possible dates to begin the construction.
· The guests in TJH and the Next Step home who are thriving and making much positive progress.
· The generous donors who support TJH.
· The volunteers who give their time and effort for Bible study, budgeting class, parenting class, Information Technology support, lawn care and many other services our guests need.
· Staff and residents staying healthy as we continue to follow COVID 19 guidelines. Many of us have gotten the first vaccine.
· The “family” atmosphere at TJH among staff, guests and volunteers.
Prayer requests for:
· Our focus to remain on God’s will and following His leading for TJH.
· Continued vibrant relationships between staff and guests. Protection from division.
· For God to bring to TJH those that He has chosen for us to minister to.
· Discernment in screening and interviewing possible guests for the home.
· Wisdom during the pandemic in knowing timing to accept new families.
· Volunteers to be ready, willing and able to serve as led by the Lord when the timing is right. We are hoping to soon begin having the meal volunteers work with the guests for the evening meal.
· A volunteer team to help with landscaping and gardening in the Spring.
· Donor partners invested in funding the garden and a proposed playground. (Let us know if you are interested in more details.)
· The finances and financial partners (we have several grant proposals pending) needed to sustain an effective ministry.