Resident House Manager Couple:
The Journey Home, a Christ-centered transition home in Mineral, VA, is seeking a married couple who are committed, compassionate, and caring followers of Jesus Christ. This couple lives on site and assists in managing the home and ministering to our guests.
The home is located at 75 Albemarle Ave, Mineral, Virginia. There are 8 living units in the building – the house manager unit and 6 others that have 2 bedrooms and there is a one-bedroom unit as well. Common areas include a kitchen and dining area, multi-purpose room, prayer room, and gathering places.
The house managers live at the home and build relationships with the guests while supervising some of the daily operations. This couple is expected to be present, ministry-minded, and interacting with guests in order to build relationships. One (or the other) of the house managers is on duty from 5 pm to 9 pm Monday through Friday (20 hours with some flexibility) and 8 hours on the weekend to oversee evening and weekend activities that support the vision and goals of The Journey Home. From 9 pm to 6 am they are free to be in their unit but available for any situation or emergency that needs their attention. They are also free to be employed off site as long as one of the managers is present to cover the specific duty hours. Compensation (equivalent to approximately $2,000 per month) is provided in the form of housing, utilities, wi-fi and an option to share in community meals with the guests. The apartment is a furnished private living space that includes two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a living area open to the kitchen area (with range, refrigerator, microwave, sink and cabinets), a washer and dryer, and private access to the unit.
- Must be a committed, compassionate and caring follower of Jesus Christ
- Must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to respond to an incident or concern and deal with it appropriately
- Sensitivity to the needs individuals in the home may have
- Being available and approachable when guests have needs
- Ability to follow all personnel policies and rules of The Journey Home
- Competency in basic CPR and basic first aid
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a demonstrated safe driving record
- Good communication skills between themselves, guests and supervisors