The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing. Zephaniah 3:17
Thank you for your prayers and support for the ministry of The Journey Home. God is indeed at work through our partnership. We would love to have you join us Saturday, August 27, to hear from staff, volunteers and guests about the many ways God is working using your gifts. He is transforming lives in amazing ways. Friday (19th) is the last day to get your tickets for our Annual Banquet! Find details here.
God is building our relationships with Him and with guests of the home. Several evenings a week, different staff and volunteers spend time at TJH preparing and eating meals with our guests. This is a special teaching and bonding time. I really enjoy these sweet times of fellowship. On one of my recent Thursday nights, I was able to play a game with one of our young guests after we ate dinner. She was delighted to play and made her enthusiasm quite obvious. That made it even more fun to interact with her in this way.
Her gladness made me think of the verse above that says God rejoices over us with gladness, His love quiets us and He actually exalts over us with singing. Wow. God finds pleasure in us and in the time we spend with Him. I want to delight more and more in Him and encourage our guests to do the same. Please pray for us as we try to be imitators of Jesus in their lives, remind them that God is in their midst and that He is mighty to save them.
- For our God who rejoices over us with gladness.
- For the joy of building relationships with our guests.
- For God’s provision of jobs for our guests.
- For the generosity of individuals and churches in their giving, their prayers and their involvement.
- For TJH staff and for their commitment to the ministry.
- For TJH Board and for their spiritual leadership.
- For the continued partnership in ministry with our community.
- For many people to attend the banquet and hear about the great things God is doing. Please pray also for the many details that go into making this event a success.
- For the children of TJH to adjust well and thrive as the school year begins.
- For God to help us discern His choice for the House Manager(s) position.
- For a smooth transition for the new families at TJH as they adjust and are nurtured by TJH staff and volunteers.
- For us to be an example of Jesus as we love and encourage our families and point them to Him.
- For discernment in the selection of guests who are in the application process.
- For more churches and individuals to grasp the vision to be involved in TJH prayerfully and financially.
- For God’s favor for grants pending a decision.
- For godly relationships among staff and guests.
Gratefully joining with you in God’s work,
For TJH Board