…He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3
Happy spring to you all. I love that spring follows winter as it reminds me to appreciate the beauty that comes from scenery that looked dreary and lifeless a short time ago. I would not notice the vibrant splendor unfolding if it were there all year long. Like winter, many of our guests have been through dark times and we rejoice with them as we watch God work to transform their lives into the abundant life He planned for each of them. He indeed brings beauty from the ashes of our lives just as He brings beauty to His creation after a time of gloom.
Thank you so much for partnering with us to join God in His work of redeeming lives. We gratefully report that our current two families are doing well. We joyfully announce that we are welcoming another family next week. Please join us in prayer as God rebuilds their lives through The Journey Home.
- For our new family moving in April 19th.
- For the faithful individuals and churches who support TJH.
- For a great group of volunteers who worked two Saturdays to build raised beds, fill them with soil and put up a fence for our community garden. This will be a great place for guests, staff and volunteers to work together and also enjoy the fruit of their labor. Special thanks to Ben, Hoye, and John for the planning and supervision.
- For God’s protection during the pandemic. For the staff and volunteers who have been vaccinated and are ready to be involved.
- For the faithful volunteers who give their time to teach budgeting classes, parenting classes, Bible studies and help with internet technology needs.
- For TJH staff and for their commitment to the ministry.
- For TJH Board and for their spiritual leadership.
- For God’s continued provision in every way for TJH.
- For the continued partnership in ministry with Louisa County Resource Council, Habitat for Humanity, Giving Words and other organizations in our community.
- For us to be an example of Jesus as we love and encourage our families and point them to Him.
- There are so many other families in need, so your prayers for discernment in the selection of guests and wisdom in supporting them are much appreciated.
- For volunteers willing to plant vegetables and flowers in TJH community garden May 1st. Contact us if you would like to help. Also, for persons who want to help with tending the garden throughout the season. This is a great opportunity to build relationships.
- For more churches to grasp the vision to be involved in TJH financially and prayerfully.
- For volunteers to help with dinner meal preparation alongside of our guests. We have several committed volunteers and need several more to make a twice a month commitment. Working with the families is a great way to serve them and get to know them.
- For several more volunteers to participate in the rotation of the cutting of the grass.
- For wisdom and strength for staff and the Board as we wholeheartedly serve the Lord through TJH.
- For God’s favor in receiving three grants that have been requested and are awaiting a decision.
Joyfully serving the Lord with you,
For TJH Board and Staff